Winter Cost Saving Tips
When it comes to wasting energy, the cold winter months can cost you the most. Poor insulation alone can contribute up to a 30 percent loss in heat. What can you do to avoid the waste?
- Install weather stripping to eliminate spaces between a door and frame. A tiny 1/16" space is equivalent to leaving a window open three inches.
- Turn your thermostat down to 68 degrees or lower. Each degree above 68 can increase your home heating bill by as much as 3 percent.
- Open blinds and curtains during the day to allow sunlight to naturally heat your home.
- Seal cracks with caulk and install outlet seals. Any air infiltration is more that you have to heat in the cold months.
- Change furnace filters often to improve the efficiency of your unit. A clean filter is the least expensive item you can change to keep your system at full capacity.
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the warm setting (120°F). You'll not only save energy, you'll avoid scalding your hands.
- Use light-emitting diode — or "LED" — holiday light strings to reduce the cost of decorating your home for the winter holidays.
If you have questions, please contact us by phone, or fill our contact form and someone will respond to you shortly.
Call Dynamic, Inc. today for more information: 703-421-5322.